Friday, September 23, 2011

Drawing for kids.

This post has been in pending stage for quite some time. I finished a freelance project where I worked as an illustrator and created sample book layouts. The book is written about mental and physical growth of kids and their eating habits. I should consider this one of the earliest work where I tried to fit in as children's book illustrator. I had done a few earlier but that was a long time back. I had become used to drawing in realistic manner which often keeps you in a tight grip of how your artwork shapes. This project required me to loosen up with my line qualities and that too with very limited medium. There is just one drawing from the inside page that I adore. I think the reason behind me liking this artwork comes from my personal experiences.
I created a few sample book covers too for this project. I like twisting the use of type and often use it for projects where you can afford to give it a shot. This also helps in breaking away from the grim look and invite readers to pick up the book (atleast for their kids). 


The time is inching close to start work on my own book. The work is going in abundance right now to wrap up old projects and hopefully post Diwali celebrations will bring updates on my book. Till then it's a long labour ride.

2 comments: