Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sketchcrawl 2nd edition

This was my second sketchcrawl. The place and the company had changed from the previous one. This time, I was in Bangalore with the company of my friend Varun Dhanda. I love drawing old buildings. On the very famous Brigade road stands an old Opera house with its vintage memoirs. It had to be sketched and today was the day for it. There was a van that parked right in front while I was busy sketching. It delayed and frustrated me quite a bit. But, I was glad to have it in my sketch book. Who knows...in a few years, you may find a glass walled mall standing there. Reminds me of a line from this movie "Everything is illuminated" -
Lista: In case someone should come searching one day.
Alex: So they would have something to find.
Lista: No, it does not exist for you. You exist for it. You have come because it exists.

























Varun Dhanda













Somesh Kumar

We moved to St. Marks Road, where exists the old 'haunted house' in words of Varun. Two old ladies used to stay here who offered paino lessons. Sadly, they got murdered brutally and the case still remains unsolved. The place is falling apart with tree roots penetrating the yellow walls. An old hillman car body lies waiting in the porch. Their was new construction work going outside the house. Drawing this place felt really good. It was almost like conserving these stories before the dust settles down on them.





































Varun Dhanda













Somesh Kumar

After finishing the sketches, we had a nice lunch at "Ice n Spice" and decided to watch "Udaan". The movie was emotionally satisfying and complimented the day's end well.





Hoping to make this Bangalore sketching more of a weekly event.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing!
    i saw varun's sketch.
    maybe sometime I will join you guys :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice they both look..well done.i like bangalore more in the sketches :P. I wish i could draw even slightly close to this. I like the movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I too posted about this house on St.Mark's Road, little dreaming of its dark history...

    Deepa Mohan

    http://bangalorecaptured.com/2011/08/06/a-house-from-history/

    ReplyDelete